Wednesday 8 May 2013

A New Beginning........for Me

So this week I started an awesome new challenge. 


MY JOURNEY SO FAR........

As is well known, and I have never hidden, I have always struggled with my weight. Actually, I have always been overweight. As long as I can remember. In primary school I was chubby. In high school I was overweight. By the time I left school I was obese. It is in that scary worded place that I have stayed most of my adult life. 

Have I ever tried to lose weight?! Of course I have!!! I don't LIKE being obese. It sucks! 

When I was 23 I was successful in losing 35kg. I was young, became addicted to the gym, and ate healthy. Funny how that works hey? Exercise and eat good food and you lose weight! 

Then I got pregnant, has a few scares early on and was warned not to keep going to the gym. Then everyone told me it was ok to eat for 2 now....the excuse list is endless, but I put on 25kg during that pregnancy and never really shook it.

At my worst I am ashamed to admit, I weighed in at 130kg. 

Sounds disgusting doesn't it. How does any self respecting person let themselves get to that weight? 

I wasn't self respecting. I hated myself. I was beyond depressed at losing my Mum who was my strength, my rock. I had moved to a new town and knew nobody, I was working full time and basically I was miserable. So I didn't care what I ate at all. 

Then, I realised what I was doing, and I realised at the very least my daughter deserved better! 

My Mum left me too soon to be on my own, and her weight had a lot to do with that. So I promised myself I would never do that to my daughter. I dropped 20kg, and since then I have hovered between 100-120kg. I have had another baby, but somehow managed to not put on too much weight this time. 

Before we got married last year I attempted Michelle Bridges 12WBT. I lost 10kg in those 12 weeks. We got married, went on our honeymoon, came straight back into the holiday period, and by the end of it I was back up to 110kg.


AND NOW.......

So recently when a wonderful friend suggested I check out Bod Squad Training on Facebook I was like, sure, all the while being skeptical. She was asking for bloggers to trial her 4 Week Fat Flush for free, in exchange for blogging about our experiences. I did my research, checked out her website, then I wrote to the lovely Chriss, and I was lucky enough to be chosen as one of the bloggers!!! 

So here we are. After a small technical difficulty, I am on day 2. The first 3 days are about cutting out carbs and sugars to "flush" your system. Then, its about exercising at least 3 days a week and eating fresh healthy food and eating it right! Funnily enough, that is how I lost all my weight 14 years ago! 

So after years and years of trying pills and shakes and "programs" and doing a lot of nothing, I have come full circle, doing what works!

What I am loving already is that Chriss EXPLAINS WHY! I love this. I have pretty much always known what the right and wrong things are to do regarding my weight, but I never knew why. She makes it so simple and clear I can hardly believe I never thought of it all before!!!! Also, she doesn't deal out a set menu plan. She gives recipe suggestions, tells you what foods to avoid, what foods to eat more of, and she lets you do the rest. This is a life skill. I am not here, doing this to be spoon fed then sent back out into the big wide world. She gives you exercises that you don't need machines or a gym membership to do. They can all be done, in my case, in our large spacious backyard. They can also be done at the park, on the beach, in someone elses spacious backyard (if they don't mind....or you don't get caught!!), somewhere with just a little bit of space.

So, here it is.....

 

These are my before photos. Taken Sunday. I have a LOT of work to do! My starting weight is 117.2kg. I look at these and feel physically ill, but that is going to change!!

My goals for the next 4 weeks are....

1. Lose 5kg (this is my realistic goal, I am hoping for more)

2. To be healthy enough and able to walk at least 16 hours at Relay for Life at the end of the month.

I am putting it out there.

Making myself accountable.

I HAVE to do this. For Chriss, because I KNOW her program works. For my family, because Hubby, Miss Teen and Mini Miss deserves a healthy happy Mum who will be around for a looooong time to come.

But most importantly, I NEED to do this for me....because I am WORTH IT!!!

I have a long way to go, and this is just the beginning!!!!

If you want to show your support of me in this challenge, please comment below, or even better, sponsor me in the Relay For Life <----- follow this link to find out how! 




4 comments:

  1. Sharon, best of luck. You have the detirmation and I know you can do it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, your story is inspiring! thanks for your bravery in sharing feelings with us. I can definitely relate as I also packed on a lot of weight after my Dad died who was MY rock. I'm behind you 100% and look forward to following your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharon, you will love the program, and you will see results!! BTW I feel like I know you already through Kath (longtime on-line friend!!). Looking forward to following your progress!

    ReplyDelete