Monday 13 May 2013

4WFF end of first week

Well its Day 7,  the first week is almost over.... 

Have I lost weight? We will find out tomorrow!! 

This week has been a learning curve for me. I have learnt new things, such as the need for eating Protein with every meal. I've learnt that our bodies store carbs for a long time, and our bodies use that store for energy, rather than burning our excess fat. And so much more. I don't want to tell you too much, that is Chriss from Bod Squad Personal Training's job!! 

It has been a rollercoaster of a week. I have learnt that when I withdraw from certain substances, namely Sugar and Carbs, I get sick. Physically, actual sick. Its horrible. Its also the reason I usually give up on diet and healthy eating plans. My body rebels and it feels awful!! USUALLY within a week I give in and eat rubbish. 

However, not this time! 

I spoke to Chriss, got some good advice from others doing the program. I ate a small, balanced healthy amount of carbs, and bingo! I felt better! So, lesson learnt is everything in moderation! I will still do Fat Flush days, but will be a little more careful and eat a very small amount of healthy low gi carbs at breakfast (a slice of grainy toast usually!) Otherwise, lots and lots of fresh veggies and protein with every meal is certainly not as hard as I first thought! And it doesn't have to taste bland! Hubby and I have learnt to make tasty meals using herbs and spices and low carb, low gi sauces!!

So, have I followed the program perfectly, to the tee? No, I havent :(   I had 2 chocolate biscuits last night thanks to feeling so down yesterday (see yesterdays post HERE). NORMALLY it would have been the whole packet, or a block of chocolate, so its an improvement! There are other little failures here and there. I am not perfect. I am coming from a place where I was eating BADLY! I didn't realise just how badly. Even when I thought I was being good, turns out, it wasn't good enough!!

I also havent exercised enough. I need to get better at time management for that one. Especially now Hubby has a full time job (YAY!!) and I'm working part time! But I WILL get better. It is hard with a toddler in tow, but it won't be impossible! Our local PT runs a mums and bubs class most mornings, so I think I will have to give that a try in the coming week!

Overall I am happy with how I have been travelling. This is a long term thing. A LIFE STYLE change! 

"It won't happen overnight, but it will happen"

Want to know more about the program? Check out the link above or Chriss's facebook page HERE 


No comments:

Post a Comment