Wednesday 29 August 2012

12WBT Finale.....

So I have finished my Michelle Bridges 12 Week Body Transformation. 

Is my body now transformed? I am now some amazing size 8 goddess transformed and ready to rule the world, long blonde hair blowing in the breeze? Did it give me a virtual face lift? Instantly change my body from flab to fab???

No, sadly it did not........

But.....I did lose 9kg in the 12 weeks, 45cms off my body, dropped almost 2 whole dress sizes.....

I lost 9kg? Well no, I didn't lose it, that suggests I may one day want to find it again! That it is just misplaced waiting to be found....I permanently erased 9kg from myself that I NEVER want to see again!!!!

For me, its what I learnt, about healthy living, about portion control, about exercise, about me, that is the most valuable. The mind set lessons have been incredibly amazing! Learning about how I sabotage myself (see previous post Dear Self Saboteur), about how I make one mistake and throw it all away, fall off the wagon and watch it rolling away & think, nah, too hard to catch back up now, so I just let it roll away! About the importance of dealing with the WHY as well as the practicals of how.

I have discovered a love of exercise that even I was surprised about. I have done the gym thing before, but did because I had to, not because I enjoyed it...but walking, I love. Basketball, I love and now miss....I am actually looking forward to starting bootcamp at ungodly 7am on a Saturday of all days...I am starting the Couch to 5k's learn to run program.

My Iphone has suddenly become my best friend. It is no longer "just a phone". It tracks my calories (My Fitness pal), it tells me how far I have walked and how fast (Map My Walk), It gives me a plan to learn to run and walks me through it (C25K). It gives me music to keep me entertained & even a camera to take inspirational pictures when I walk!!!

So it wasn't an instant fix, but it WAS the beginning of a life long journey. One I no longer dread, but instead look forward to. It will be full of challenges, hard times, as well as successes, but it will be healthy and it will be FUN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment