Saturday 25 August 2012

I'm CRAZY!!! here is the proof!!

Ever had a phobia? Like a full on uncontrollable fear? I do!

If you look up phobia in the dictionary it will tell you it means:

"A persistent, abnormal and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous"

The word that stands out in all that is IRRATIONAL. My phobia is irrational and completely extreme. In fact, its hard for me to so much as type the word that it is!

I am afraid of.........Spiders......




*Does icky girly spider dance for 10 mins*



A lot of people are afraid of spiders I hear you say, so why is my phobia so special? Well, its not the phobia, but the extremity of it.

For example, I cannot and will not kill a spider, because that would mean going somewhere near it! 

If I see a fake spider, even knowing it is fake, I cannot go near it or touch.
Not extreme enough?????

If I am reading a magazine and there is a picture of a spider in it, I will put the magazine down (throw it away wildly) and not read anymore.



Still not enough????

The other day a friend posted a picture of a spider on facebook and I almost dropped my phone. Only a survival instinct stopped that reaction ( I CANNOT live without my phone!) But, for the next hour or so, every time I picked up the phone I had the creepy spider feel in me & had to check that there were no spiders in the various plug in holes on my phone....

*Does icky girly spider dance again*

See, certifiably C.R.A.Z.Y!!!


1 comment:

  1. Honey, I am afraid of spiders to, as well as snakes. Clowns, not so much as afraid of them but have the urge to slap them silly for some reason.

    ReplyDelete