Sunday 1 September 2013

Five Things

Ok, so this is a chain blog thingy. I was tagged by the awesome Silence of the Mom, so I can choose to join in and play. Apparently nothing bad will happen to me if I don't play, no shadows will kidnap me, no sudden head spinning, vomit producing posessions, no evil disembodied voices telling me to kill people, no 50 years of bad luck. Nope, its JUST FOR FUN!!! 

In the process you may find out some things about me, or maybe you are already bored.....either way....

I like fun, so I'm choosing to play.....


FIVE THINGS I HAVE A PASSION FOR

  1. GOD  Surely you were expecting Him to be at the top of my list?! I am a passionate Christian. I Love God, I am passionate about my relationship with Him. I am passionate about letting as many people as possible know about Him and his Son Jesus and the amazing gift He gave us. That's it. I try and keep it light while not hiding the fact that I am a passionate Christian. Have questions? Feel free to ask, I am always happy to talk about my Faith.
  2. MY FAMILY  I am one of the most blessed people I know. Sure I have my battles, but behind the battle lines, in the safety of my home, I have my family. Muddled Hubby, Miss Teen, Mini Miss and my Dad. Without them my life would be empty. I love them unconditionally. And I will protect them unconditionally. I don't care if you are a 5yr old boy, you push my Mini Miss without provocation  I WILL step in and say something! Yeah, passion....obsession....fine line I guess....
  3. MY SISTERS It sort of links in with my family, as they are the people I choose to be part of my family. I have 4 amazing friends who are like my sisters. We share our lives, our joys, our sadness. We fight, we argue, we laugh until we cry, we hurt each other, we get so drunk we pass out, but regardless, we love each other. They are amazing.
  4. WRITING  I love to write. It's the way I express myself. It's the way I clear my mind. It's the way I deal with emotions I cannot otherwise handle. It's my haven. I can write whatever I want, without upsetting anyone (I don't have to share it if I don't want to). I prefer writing to talking, which makes communicating with Muddled Hubby interesting at times. 
  5. MUSIC  Similar to writing, there is always a song that can express how I am feeling. More than that though, it is the one thing that can lift a bad mood, can make me feel better. Music stirs great memories. Miss Teen and I share this passion. She writes and sings. I sing. We sing together, a lot. Especially on road trips!

FIVE THINGS I'D LIKE TO DO BEFORE I DIE

  1. TRAVEL WITH MUDDLED HUBBY  I have already been lucky enough to travel overseas, but until our honeymoon last year, Muddled Hubby had not. Now he has the bug too! I'd love to go back to the US. I would love to travel, without plan, across the UK & Europe. I would love to take Hubby to Gallipoli & Macchu Picchu. 
  2. DO MISSION WORK  There are so many missions that my church is involved with. I would love the opportunity to travel to somewhere like Cambodia, Bali or The Philippines and help people. 
  3. CLIMB THE SYDNEY HARBOUR BRIDGE  Doesn't sound like much of an big thing, except I'm afraid of heights and its REALLY high. But, it would be so awesome to view Sydney from up there!!
  4. WRITE A BOOK  This one goes hand in hand with the passion for writing. I have even talked to a local author and he has given me his publishers details....still a LONG way off!
  5. SING ON STAGE AT THE OPERA HOUSE  Shh, this one is a big secret, a big embarrassing share on my behalf! But yes, I would love to stand on the stage of the Sydney Opera House and sing. 

FIVE THINGS I SAY A LOT

  1. OHMYGOSH!  My stand by phrase for anything I cannot believe or that shocks me!
  2. IT IS WHAT IT IS  My way of saying I don't like it, I can't change it, so I am going to try and just accept it for what it is. I say this way too much lately.
  3. OOOOOKKKKKAYYYYY  Usually said to one of the girls when they say the same thing over and over again, and I still don't understand. It's my way of agreeing without the catch! 
  4. JASPER!!!!  Usually followed by an exclamation of "don't eat that" "get down" "come here" or "sit". No really, this is one of my top 5 for sure!
  5. I LOVE YOU  Corny I know, but true nonetheless. I am a big fan of saying I love you to the people you love. Wait, and it may be too late.
FIVE BOOKS IVE READ LATELY
  1. GONE by Michael Grant  Newly discovered series, and this is the first book. I am a bit of a sucker for supernatural teen books.
  2. 50 SHADES OF GREY  Yeah, I read them. Well, 2 of them. Haven't picked up the third one, but hear it has a happy ending!
  3. TWILIGHT SERIES  As I said, I'm a sucker for supernatural teen books, and even more than that, anything Vampires, so I often re read this series.
  4. TRASHY MAGAZINES  Pick one. Who Weekly? New Idea? Whatever is on the news stand, again, its for the easy, no brain using read.
  5. I WENT WALKING/I WROTE TO THE ZOO/BLUE TORTOISE  Seeing a pattern here? I have a 2yr old who loves stories!

FIVE FAVOURITE MOVIES

Ok. Seriously?!! Just 5?! AND it depends on my mood and what I feel like watching.....I am just going to choose 5 movies I like that I can think of.

  1. TWILIGHT SERIES  Again, sucker for Vampires!
  2. HARRY POTTER SERIES  They are good! I love them! I cried at all the appropriate moments in the cinema, even though I knew they were coming!
  3. THE BREAKFAST CLUB  I am a girl of the 80's and this my friends, is an awesome movie!
  4. WEST SIDE STORY  This question would be even harder if it was only 5 musicals. Name a musical. I love it. 
  5. THE WEDDING SINGER  This mixes 80's, musicals, and romantic comedy into one easy watching movie. Love it! 
I have so many more to put on this list. To give you an idea how hard this is, we have over 800 DVDs here in the Muddled Household, as well as a growing digital collection!


FIVE PLACES I'D LOVE TO TRAVEL

Again, only 5? I could sum it up in 1 and just say The World, but I guess that's a bit of a cop out!

  1. AUSTRALIA  I know. I live here. But its a BIG country and there is still so much I want to see. The Kimberleys, Uluru, Kangaroo Island, The Great Barrier Reef, The Daintree.......
  2. IRELAND  It's my heritage. It's why I have such fair skin, freckles and a tint of red hair. It's why when I dance I don't know what to do with my arms so they end up flailing wildly. And it looks so darn PRETTY!!
  3. NEW ZEALAND  Again, it looks PRETTY! I love natural untouched places, and this looks amazing! Also, the Lord of the Rings Trilogy was filmed there!
  4. AFRICA  Vast open land, wild animals in their native land, what's not to love?
  5. UNITED STATES  Technically, I have already been there, but I LOVE it and desperately want to go back one day!
FIVE PAGES THAT I LOVE

Tagging time! I would love it if you could visit their blog, or their Facebook page and show some love :)

  1. Road to Recovery  One of my beautiful chosen sisters has recently started blogging about a very personal journey, her struggle with Chronic Pain and her faith in God. Her facebook page is HERE
  2. The Organised Housewife  This blog/webpage/facebook is a wonderful place where Pinterest Ideas come to life! So many great, pretty and practical ideas to organise your home and your life! Her facebook page is HERE
  3. Big Family Little Income  Never fails to make me laugh! And feel like a normal person! Their facebook page HERE
  4. The Home She Made  The first blogger who encouraged me to build a facebook page and maybe, just maybe, a following. Love her blog!! Her facebook page is HERE
  5. This is our Journey  Shameless plug for Muddled Hubby's own blog! Yep, he writes too! Not very often, but when he does....yeah, it really does mean something! He doesn't have a blogging facebook page, but he does have a photography page, HERE.
So thats it. It was fun! Hard too, but hopefully you stuck with it and got down to this point! So go forth and explore! There are so so many more blogs out there, so so many great writers, who write with humour, love, who are insightful, inspiring! I suggest exploring them all TODAY!! (then come back and tell me you haven't forgotten me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment